Love is in the air! If you've managed to finally ask that special someone out on a date, then this article is for you. Check out these tips to ensure a second date!
1. Don't bother with the hassle of taking a shower. Opt for a whole can of Axe body spray instead. It basically does the same thing.
2. Brushing your teeth is pointless, too. Just chew on a clove of garlic to naturally freshen your breath instead.
3. Wear some of your older, more worn-in clothes. You don't want to look like you're trying too hard. That shirt with the ketchup stain from last Saturday? PERFECT.
4. Don't worry about taking a jacket in case you get cold. You can just borrows hers.
Picking Her Up
1. You may be thinking you should be fashionably late. Definitely do not do this! Being fashionably late has become way too mainstream, so aim for being even later than fashionably late. Thirty to forty minutes should do it.
2. When you get to her house, just wait in the bushes outside her house and text her that you're there. You'll look too committed if you meet her parents, which will definitely scare her off.
3. Start the night off with some advice on her outfit. Girls love talking about fashion!
On the Date
1. Never stop talking. Girls prefer to listen. Impress her with your preaching skills and your knowledge of politics and religion. Just make sure there's never a moment of silence because that would just be awkward.
2. Don't make eye contact. Ever. It's creepy.
3. Show off your sense of humor by telling the dirtiest jokes you know. Tell them to the couples dining around your table, too. You want to look like a people person.
4. Show her how social and kind you are by telling the waitress she looks great. Give her a whistle as she walks away after taking your order.
5. Talk about your ex. A lot. Tell her how great her sandwiches were and how she'd always make you smile. Cry on your date’s shoulder for support.
6. Make sure you tell her how many grams of fat are in that fettuccine alfredo she ordered. She'll appreciate your concern for her health.
7. After you get the check, get your restaurant coupon out and slide that toward her with the check. She'll be flattered by your acknowledgement of her independence.
After the Date
1. Drop her off a few blocks away from her house. She'll need that a long walk and some fresh air to think about how crazy she is for you before she gets home.
2. Congratulations! You took a girl on a date. Immediately log on to Facebook and change your relationship status to "in a relationship." Actually, make that "engaged.”
Written by Natalie Tetreault